Enrollment Steps for Deferred Action of Childhood Arrival (DACA) Students


[If you prefer, you may use this printable version
of the below information in PDF format.]

1.  Apply

Complete the application.

    2.  Declare Legal Presence

    Submit the "Declaration of Legal Presence" form along with your employment authorization card and SC driver's license/beginner's permit/identification to Admissions or Student Services at any campus.

    3.  Transcripts of Previous Work

    Submit transcripts to Admissions or Student Services at any campus

    • From your high school
      send transcripts with graduation date from an acceptable high school (Read more about acceptable transcripts...)
      - You may also bring in a copy of your diploma from an acceptable high school
    • GED certification
      submit a copy of your GED scores or bring in your GED certificate
    • From a previous college
      send official copies of transcripts to Greenville Technical College (See definition of official transcript...)

    4.  Placement

    Complete placement testing or qualify for exemption.

    • Students can walk-in to take their placement testing at the Admissions and Registration Center (ARC) during our normal business hours or call (864) 250-8000 to schedule a time at a satellite campus.
    • Students may be able to exempt placement testing with one of the following:
      • Acceptable SAT/ACT scores taken in the last three years.
        - SAT – 480 or above on the reading and math sections
        - ACT – 19 or above on the English and math sections  
      • College transcripts showing completion of transferrable English and math

    5.  Orientation & Registration

    Access GTC4me to complete the online orientation. Then, register for a Planning and Advising for Student Success (PASS) session where you will meet with an advisor and/or program faculty to discuss a plan for your academic goals. Once your plan is complete, you will be ready to register for classes.

    6.  ID and Parking

    Obtain your student ID and parking permit.

    7.  Books

    Go to the Greenville Technical College Bookstore to buy books.

    8.  Pay

    Pay your tuition and fees.
    Please note:  DACA students are not eligible for in-state tuition or any type of federal or state financial aid. This includes Pell grant, federal loans, LIFE scholarship, and lottery tuition assistance.

    If you need Financial Assistance, please contact the Hispanic Alliance / Alianza Hispana - (o) (864) 250-8968 (c) (864) 906-0031; Mailing / Correo: P.O. Box 182, Greenville, SC 29602; Office / Oficina: McAlister Square, Greenville Technical College Admissions and Registration Center, Suite #111.