Deadline for Summer 2016 Field Placement is
Monday, March 14 and limited to 15 students.
Your resume and Interest Information Form must be submitted electronically
and approved by the field placement coordinator.
Timeline for Summer 2016 field placement:
- Field placement is limited to the first 15 students who submit appropriate paperwork.
- Monday, March 14 -- the last day to submit field placement paperwork as long as the class is still available.
- Friday, March 25 -- Deadline to have received agency contact information from me so you can IMMEDIATELY contact your agency to set up an interview.
- Friday, April 22 -- You must attend the mandatory field placement orientation. No exceptions.
The orientation will be held in STAT Center Building (122), Room 239 at the Barton Campus from 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, April 29 -- Deadline to secure a field placement.
See full Field Placement Manual (pdf)
A few other important directions to follow:
- Send both your resume and completed Interest Information Form to me, both, at one time. Your resume must ABSOLUTELY follow the departmental required format found in the field placement manual.
- Attach both documents in an email and send to Tracie.Raines@gvltec.edu .
- Always title your subject line in your emails as "field placement."
- Thoroughly read all the information concerning the HUS field placement and proceed as indicated in the Field Placement Timeline (pdf). This is a very important link.
- Do NOT interview with an agency until you have been approved by the field placement coordinator.
- If you miss the field placement orientation, you will have to decline the field placement position you acquired and complete your field placement the NEXT semester. No exceptions.
Field Placement Contact:
Tracie Raines, MEd, LPC, NCC
Assistant Professor and Field Placement Coordinator
Office Location - STAT Center Building (122), Room 231