Michelin North America offers opportunities for select students to develop hands-on work experience while earning their degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET) or Electronics Engineering Technology (EET).
Michelin Technical Scholars receive scholarships to cover the cost of tuition, fees and books for the program along with competitive pay for part-time work in a Michelin manufacturing facility.
- Earn on-the-job training and valuable experience at one of the world's leading companies
- Develop invaluable skills such as time management, teamwork and problem solving
- Customize work schedule to accommodate classes
- Upon graduation, become eligible for entry-level employment at Michelin as a Reliability Technician, with competitive salary and opportunity for salary increases with experience
- If hired upon graduation, opportunity to add approximately 2,000 hours of formal classroom and lab training in the initial years of career
What does a Reliability Technician do?
Reliability Technicians are responsible for troubleshooting advanced manufacturing processes at Michelin. Michelin manufacturing facilities are highly automated with programmable logic controllers and computer networks. Skilled Reliability Technicians are challenged to identify problems in the process and implement the optimum solution.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in a Mechatronics, MET or EET program at a technical college
- Have and maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Be able to work at least 20 hours per week at Michelin during the program
- Demonstrate strong math, science, reading and comprehension skills
- Pass a pre-employment aptitude test
- Interview at a local Michelin facility
Become a Michelin Technical Scholar
To enroll in the approved programs at Greenville Technical College, please contact the Admissions Office or Student Services at any of our campus locations.
Once enrolled you may apply for the Michelin Technical Scholar program by contacting the Greenville Technical College Experiential Learning Office.
Click here for a printable version of this information about the Michelin Technical Scholars Program.
Michelin North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.