Finding your academic advisor information
Your advisor may be a faculty member or an advisor in a Divisional Satellite Advising Center or satellite campus.
You will find your assigned academic advisor’s information in several places:
- GTC4me > Student Planning > My Progress
Your advisor’s name will be listed in the top right hand corner of the Student Planning screen.
- GTC4me > Web Advisor > Student Profile
Your advisor’s name and e-mail will be listed in your Student Profile.
- Blackboard > Starfish
Your advisor’s name and e-mail will be listed in Starfish under your Success Network.
Meeting with your advisor
- It is to your advantage to see your advisor before you register for classes so that you can be sure you’re on target to meet your goals.
- To get an advising appointment that meets your schedule, plan ahead and schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor.
- Prepare for your advising appointment by reviewing the requirements for your major. Also, you should create a schedule, which includes school, work, and family, so that you and your advisor can plan the best schedule for you.
Greenville Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges just as Clemson and USC are, so you receive a quality education and your credits move with you when you transfer.
The Planning and Transfer Headquarters (PATH) located on the Barton Campus in the University Transfer Building assists students in preparing their path to transfer, providing them information, resources, and academic planning services for a smooth transfer process.
Visit the PATH Transfer webpage for information on planning your transfer.
Planning and Transfer Headquarters (PATH)
Barton Campus, University Transfer Building (104) – Room 139
PATH Coordinator – Chris Satterfield Chris.Satterfield@gvltec.edu
PATH@my,gvltec.edu (864) 250-8393