On March 19 from 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., veterans and their spouses are encouraged to attend a free event to learn about local resources to help with the transition from the military to college or the workforce. Lunch will be provided and the event will be held in Heritage Hall at Greenville Technical College’s Northwest Campus located at 8109 White Horse Road in Greenville. This event is co-sponsored by SC ACCELERATE and US Senator Tim Scott.
Through local vendors, veterans will have the opportunity to learn about:
- What employers are looking for in today's workforce
- Transitioning from the military to the civilian workforce
- Transitioning from the military to college
- Best practices in interviewing for jobs
- Resources related to job search
- Resume assistance
- Resources available to help start a small business
- How to apply for college
- Resources available to help pay for college
Attendees are encouraged to bring a resume or list of work experience. To RSVP, visit veteransresources.eventbrite.com. For additional information, contact Dr. Chuck Morton at
(864) 250-4134 or Charles.Morton@gvltec.edu.