Admissions and Registration Center (ARC)

Take care of everything you need to enroll at Greenville Technical College in one stop. The Admissions and Registration Center (ARC) at McAlister Square brings together all the services a new student needs in one convenient place. Go from admissions to financial aid, testing, advising and registration, student records, and veterans services. You can even buy your books and relax over a cup of coffee. The Admissions and Registration Center at McAlister Square: your one stop shop for enrollment.

Click to learn more about these services available at the ARC:


  • Apply for admissions into a curriculum course
  • Submit Legal Presence in the US Documentation (RVER Flag)
  • Submit a Residency Petition (with required documentation) for a residency change (out-of-state to SC & out-of-county to Greenville County)
  • Complete a program change/major change/name change/social security number change (with a current photo ID)
  • Check on the status of application or high school transcript or GED or college transcript
  • Submit an application, high school transcript, GED, test scores or unofficial college transcript/official college transcript
  • Reapply (fill out a new application for returning to GTC after 3 consecutive semesters not enrolled)
  • Apply for an F1 Visa (see international student admissions officers)
  • Find out what steps are required prior to registering

Academic Advising

  • Ask general advising questions about the courses or pre-requisites for a course
  • Register for classes for a new student
  • Find out what courses will transfer to other colleges
  • Determine the next courses you need to take
  • Request an audit sheet for financial aid
  • Find the name of your advisor

Orientation Center

Get assistance with 

  • accessing the Online Orientation
  • utilizing self-service tools
  • career planning
  • basic financial aid
  • transfer services
  • basic registration planning
  • scheduling Planning and Advising for Student Success (PASS) sessions 

Placement Testing

  • Take the placement test (Accuplacer) for admission to Greenville Technical College
  • Re-test - $10 fee
  • Schedule a remote test to be taken at another college
  • Take the reading and math placement test for EMT and Medical Assistant courses given through Continuing Education Division
  • Take the Bennett Mechanical test
  • Take a proctored exam for another school
  • Request a copy of previously taken placement test scores
  • Request placement test scores sent to another college
  • Get information about the placement test or the Test for Success workshop
  • Obtain supplies for off-campus testing for high school seniors and for the Early College program

Financial Aid

  • Inquire about financial assistance to attend college
  • Inquire about completing online application for financial aid @  
  • Ask questions about the PIN# for FAFSA—  
  • Submit a FAFSA waive form
  • Submit documents for verification process
  • Submit an appeal (SAP, RAP, Dependency Override, Selective Service)
  • Submit a petition for professional judgment
  • Apply for student loans
  • Obtain scholarship forms
  • Obtain qualification letter for Life Scholarship
  • Ask questions about or return the award letter
  • Obtain assistance with a book voucher
  • Apply for Federal College Work Study Program
  • See a VA representative
  • Obtain financial aid statement for outside agencies

Business Office

  • Pay your bill (tuition): check, credit cards, cash
  • Request or submit a Do Not Purge form
  • Complete a re-bill of fees
  • Ask questions about your bill

Student Records

  • Obtain assistance with adding/dropping or withdrawing from classes
  • Obtain assistance with changing schedules
  • Obtain or submit a graduation application
  • Request an official transcript
  • Change graduation dates
  • Check grades
  • View current enrollment information
  • Obtain an Information Release Authorization Form (FERPA)
  • Pick up a diploma/award/degree
  • Find information on the annual commencement ceremony

Transcript Evaluation

  • Obtain evaluation an official college transcript
  • Determine transfer course equivalencies
  • Check the status of what transferred in from the applicant’s senior institution


  • Purchase books and supplies with payment methods of check, cash, credit card or financial aid voucher.
    • Be prepared to show your ID.
    • To use a check, you must have a valid driver’s license.
    • To purchase with financial aid, print your voucher from WebAdvisor or use computers in the front of the Bookstore. Voucher date must be the same as the day of purchase, and you must have a picture ID to complete a financial aid purchase.

Computer Lab

Find our complete list of computer labs

  • Obtain assistance with applying for the FAFSA on-line (
  • Request a verification for enrollment
  • Obtain assistance with changing your address online
  • Obtain assistance with completing the online application
  • Obtain assistance with retrieving a GTC unofficial college transcript
  • Obtain information on loan deferment for the Student Loan Corporation
  • Obtain assistance with printing book vouchers
  • Obtain assistance finding information through WebAdvisor

ID Office

  • Apply for an ID—bring in current schedule and current photo ID/driver’s license
  • Obtain a parking decal – bring identification and your license plate number

Veterans Affairs

Learn more about our Veterans Affairs services...