What is SAP Appeal?

Students who fail to meet the standards of satisfactory academic progress as defined in the college catalog and student handbook have the option of submitting an appeal. The financial aid office is able to consider appeals based on illness, separation/divorce, or work-related issues.

  • Students who become ineligible due to GPA or completion rate:
    Submit SAP appeal only if their academic difficulties were a direct result of events beyond their control (i.e. illness, separation/divorce, death, or work related). Note: If the student does not have an appealable situation, the student can take at least 6 credit hours during the same semester (pay out of pocket), pass 100% of the coursework with a 2.5 GPA or better and regain federal aid eligibility the following semester. A student may only file an appeal twice during their time at Greenville Technical College. 
  • Students who become ineligible due to 150% rule
    Submit SAP appeal explaining why they have accumulated so many hours beyond their program's requirements along with a degree evaluation form completed by an academic advisor. Note: If the student completes or has completed a program of study, submit a transcript or degree verifying completion. Students ineligible due to the 150% rule may not regain eligibility by paying out pocket for six credit hours in the same semester.  A student may only submit an appeal once during their time at Greenville Technical College.