Clinics are held during specific and limited periods throughout the semester.
- Appointments are required and can be made by calling the appointment line number, (864) 250-3058.
- Appointments will not be scheduled by email or at any other phone number.
- If the message on the appointment line voice mail indicates a clinic is in session, please leave your name, telephone number, and an alternate number (if possible) along with a preferred day & time for your appointment. A student will return your call. Your appointment is not confirmed until a student has called you.
- Late arrivals - Appointments are reserved for the time slot chosen. Clients arriving late for their appointments will receive the remainder of their time. Clients who are late by more than 15 minutes must reschedule their massage.
- Cancellations and no-shows - While last minute cancellations do occur, excessive cancellations will not be tolerated. Clients who no-show without notification will forfeit all future scheduled appointments.
- Therapist Requests - Clients are allowed to request a particular massage student no more than twice. Clients’ gender preferences for their therapist will be respected.
- Community Event Request
For a one-hour therapeutic massage session, the cost is $20.00.
Payment is due at the time of the massage appointment.
Payment must be in cash or check. Debit and credit cards are not accepted.
The massage sessions at Greenville Technical College’s student clinic are performed by Massage Therapy students and are for general wellness purposes. Massage sessions are 50 minutes in length.
While we want our clients to have a relaxing and/or therapeutic experience, we ask that clients remember the purpose of the clinic is to be a learning experience for the students. The student may interrupt the massage session to consult with an instructor regarding the client’s treatment protocol.
- Clients are expected to exhibit good hygiene and are asked to minimize the use of perfume, cologne, and heavily scented personal products.
- Please leave cell phones in the car or remember to turn them off before entering the clinic floor.
- Clients and massage students are expected to behave in a professional and respectful manner.
- Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. Suggestive comments, sexual innuendos, or touching of the massage student in an inappropriate way will result in the termination of the massage session, and the client will not be allowed to return for further massages.
We ask that clients provide an objective and detailed evaluation at the end of the session which will add to the students’ learning experience and assist them in honing their skills. Praise is certainly appreciated; however, please remember that students will also learn from specific comments that indicate ways in which they may improve.
Clients should see a doctor or other appropriate health care provider for diagnosis and treatment of any suspected medical problem.
It is the client’s responsibility to keep their massage practitioner informed of any changes in their health, and any medications that are being taken.
Greenville Technical College is not responsible for the aggravation of conditions which are present and may be affected by massage, but are not disclosed to the practitioner at the time of the massage session.
- Greenville Technical College policy forbids the Clinic Supervisor or student from giving out a massage student’s phone number to any client.
- Since Greenville Technical College students are not licensed, tipping is not allowed.
- A minor (under 18) may receive a massage with written parental permission and parental attendance in the massage clinic during the course of the massage session.
Your massage therapy records are kept in the strictest confidence by this clinic. All client records are kept in a secure place, and only those who need to see a client’s file for legitimate business or professional purposes have access to them. Your records will not be released to third parties.