Certain basic skills are need to successfully take online classes. Each student should be able to:
- Use a desktop or laptop computer for basic tasks.
- Use a word processing and printing program.
- Connect to the Internet from a home, office, or college computer.
- Navigate the Internet using a browser program.
- Use email, including attaching a file to an email message
- Download a program from the Internet and install it.
- Do a search on the web, locating and noting reference information.
- Use a multimedia program for streaming video/audio.
- Use an online discussion board forum and chatroom.
A Tutorial for basic Computer Skills is provided by the Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium.