Bring your sense of adventure to an Information Session on September 1 or September 4. We’ll explain the payment options and the requirements that must be met prior to registration. The rules are to ensure the safety and enjoyment of everyone in the group, but the life lessons you bring back are entirely your own.
RSVP for an upcoming Information Session!
Sept. 1, 6 – 7:30 p.m., Buck Mickel Center, Room 188
Sept. 4, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., Buck Mickel Center, Room 188
Oct. 2, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., Buck Mickel Center, Room 188
Oct. 5, 6 – 7:30 p.m., TRC (Building 102), Room 152
This exciting educational travel opportunity is open to both the community and academic students.
- Community members can join as a non-credit participant. Registration is through the Economic Development and Corporate Training (still subject to the trip application fee).
- A college credit student, including a transient student from a four-year university, can register through a "Special Topics" course during the first half of Summer Semester 2016, allowing them to earn transferrable elective credit.
You will receive college credit if you register as an academic student (which requires admittance to GTC). Credits are transferable as a humanities elective.
For those who wish to earn credit hours, the trip is coordinated by the college’s Creative Inquiry Department in the course “Special Topics,” allowing students the freedom to design an individual, transferrable elective course which takes place during the first half of Summer Semester 2016. This allows time for earning additional credit hours during the semester’s second half.
Please check with Bonnie Smith (Bonnie.Smith@gvltec.edu or (864) 250-8856) for more details.
Tour Fees Include:
- Round-trip airfare
- 8 overnight stays in hotels with private bathrooms
- Breakfast daily
- Lunch daily (except on Day 1, 2 and 9)
- Dinner daily
- Note: On arrival day only dinner is provided; on departure day, only breakfast is provided
- Full-time services of a professional Tour Director
- Meaningful person-to-person educational exchanges with Cuban citizens
- Tour Diary™
Note: Tour cost does not include airline-imposed baggage fees, or fees for any required passport or visa. Please visit our Fees FAQ page for a full list of items that may not be included in the cost of your tour.
The cost is $3,623 plus a one-time educational tour application fee.
Scholarship funds are not currently available for this trip.