If you are enrolled at a college other than Greenville Technical College and you would like to take classes at Greenville Technical College in order to transfer them back to your “home” college, you are considered a Transient Visiting student.
Transient Visiting students are:
- Responsible for tuition and fees
- Not eligible for financial aid or lottery tuition assistance
- Responsible for completing the online orientation accessible on GTC4me
- Allowed to register for classes where seats are available
- Not eligible to be placed on waiting lists for classes
- Choose your courses from any of the transferable courses in Arts & Sciences Programs, Business Programs, Public Service Programs or Technology Programs, and make sure that the credits will be accepted by your home college.
- Check for current Greenville Technical College prerequisites for the courses you wish to take by viewing the catalog.
As part of the steps to enroll (see below), you must:
- Complete the online orientation prior to registering for courses
- Complete a Transient Visiting Student Permission form designating the courses you wish to take at Greenville Technical College for transfer back to your college. Please note that Greenville Technical College course codes must be used, and the permission form must be signed by the dean or registrar at your home college.
NOTE: If you were a student at Greenville Technical College within the last 12 months, skip steps 1,2, and 3 - complete application, application fee, and Declaration of Legal Presence form. However, if you were not a Transient Visiting Student when you were enrolled at the college, you will need to submit a Program Change Form.
- Complete the online application for admission to Greenville Technical College as early as possible.
- Includes a $35 non-refundable application fee.
- Enter major/program on application as Transient Visiting Arts and Sciences.
- Submit the Declaration of Legal Presence in US form with appropriate documentation (e.g. driver's license, CDL, Passport, etc.).
- Complete the online orientation, accessible on GTC4me (login required). If you do not know your GTC4me username, visit this link for username assistance.
- Submit the completed Transient Visiting Student Permission Form for each semester you wish to attend, and have your dean or registrar sign it, approving the courses selected. You may also provide your home college's permission form. (All signatures must be within 30 days from the day it is turned in to GTC.)
- Individuals registering on behalf of a student must also provide a completed Information Release Form that has been signed by the student, along with a copy of the student's picture ID.
- Once the above requirements have been met and you have been accepted, you may then be enrolled in classes.
- Take the completed and signed Transient Visiting Student Permission form along with the Add/Drop/Withdrawal form to the Orientation Center or to Student Services at any campus.
- Transient Visiting students cannot register, add/drop or withdraw online. Check with your home institution for financial assistance information concerning attending another institution.
- Make your payment for classes. Payment is due in full. Payment can be made online, over the phone or in person at the Business Office or Student Services at any of our campuses. Check with your home institution for financial assistance information concerning attending another institution.
- Transient visiting students do not receive financial aid.
- Take your schedule and a picture ID to get your Parking Permit - click for locations and schedule and for more information.
- Once enrolled in classes, log in to your Student E-mail account through GTC4me.
Request an official transcript
to ensure that your grades are automatically sent to your home college/university upon completion of the course(s).