Ask a health care professional about the nursing program at Greenville Technical College, and you’re likely to hear about the quality of education and the value of the college as a trusted hiring source. With our BSN Bound program, students can easily go from graduating from Greenville Technical College (GTC) with an associate degree in nursing (ADN) to enrolling at a University to receive a bachelor’s of science in nursing (BSN). With many options to choose from, including online programs, students can graduate with their BSN in as little as 12-18 months after transferring.
Why Start at Greenville Technical College?
Known for its emphasis on clinical proficiency in a variety of health care settings, employers express confidence in the program and in the skills new nurses bring to the job.
- GTC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- The GTC nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
- Thanks to our rigorous standards, our graduates consistently meet or exceed the national and state passing rates on the licensure examination.
In combination with our quality program and instructors, our lower cost and additional benefits make starting at GTC a wise decision for your career and your budget.
- On average, students can save approximately $5,000 per semester while attending GTC as opposed to a four-year university.
- We also have a vibrant Student Nurses Association (SNA) which offers benefits including health insurance, leadership and networking opportunities, scholarships, community involvement, and professional development.
Transferring is seamless because of our accreditation.
- When you take approved classes at GTC, they transfer to four-year destinations and count toward a bachelor's degree.
- GTC works closely with four-year institutions to ensure that our transfer programs and agreements make transferring even easier.
- Our advisors work one-one-one with students from day one to make sure they are moving forward on the right path for their destination after GTC.
Industry Partnerships and Early Hands-on Experience
Students work hand-in-hand with professionals in the industry and have the opportunity to interact with local employers during their clinical rotations.
- With our emphasis on clinical experience, GTC students benefit greatly from the industry partnerships the college has built in the community.
- By starting at GTC, students are able to begin hands-on experience in nursing through the interactive Simulation Technologies and Training (S.T.A.T.) Center on campus.
- Employer clinical experiences begin within the first two months of study.
GTC nursing graduates are well positioned for employment upon becoming an RN.
- Graduate placement rates average 90%.*
- Employment with an RN can lead to students beginning their career in hospitals, long-term care or assisted living facilities, schools, physicians’ offices, hospice or home health, and allow students to work while completing a BSN.
*source: GTC Graduate Placement Rate Report 2012/2013