Comprised of both federal and college funds, this program is designed to help students who would be unable to pursue or continue their studies unless they earned part of their expenses. Amounts vary depending on funding.
- Students in this program work an average of 20-30 hours per week.
- The basic rate of pay is the federal minimum wage.
- While assignment of Federal Work-Study jobs related to the student’s field of study is desirable, this is not a requirement and often is not possible.
- Jobs vary and may include working in offices, laboratories and the library, or as peer counselors, teachers’ aides and reading tutors.
- Must demonstrate financial need, as determined by submitting a FAFSA application.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA minimum.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress as required by college policy.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours in a valid program consisting of at least 16 credit hours.