Want to earn college credits while you’re still in high school? Early College at Greenville Technical College means that if you’re a junior or senior, you can use your early dismissal from high school to take Greenville Tech classes in the afternoon, or you can take classes at your career center.
Getting an early start on college credits will:
- Let you experience college work
- Save you time and money
- Help you explore career options
- Allow you to lighten your load or finish college ahead of schedule
If you are currently a high school junior or senior, you are eligible to enroll in Early College courses as long as you meet placement testing requirements. Juniors can enroll in one course each semester, and seniors can take as many as two courses. Early College students may not enroll in online courses.
To be accepted into Early College classes, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
University Transfer classes
- Submit SAT or ACT scores. You can waive Greenville Tech’s placement test with these scores:
- SAT – Critical Reading (previously Verbal) & Math scores of 480 each
- ACT – English and Math scores of 19 each
- If you don’t have qualifying SAT, ACT, or AP scores, you’ll need to complete Greenville Tech’s placement testing
- For ENG 101 (English Composition I), you must have completed at least three years of high school English
- For University Transfer lab science courses, you must have completed one year of the equivalent high school lab science course (for example: high school biology is required to take BIO 101)
- Acceptable score on the Greenville Tech placement test